DevOps Engineer – Cloud/OpenStack
Are you an experienced DevOps engineer who wants to work with OpenStack in an agile development team? Do you want to be part of Binero’s exciting growth journey within cloud, OpenStack and Kubernetes? Then continue reading – Binero Group is now looking for a DevOps with a focus on OpenStack!
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced developer with love for open source, in special OpenStack and Kubernetes. Maybe you have been working in the hosting or cloud industry for some years, and feel it is time for something new and exciting. We are on a growth journey, and we are looking for open-minded people, who love to improve services, and to build new stuff. Or maybe you are already a full scale OpenStack architect and you are looking for a great company to work for. Regardless of which – you are certainly looking at the right direction coming to this ad!
What will you be working with?
- Strong developer (Python preferred), familiar with data structures and algorithms, designing for performance, scalability, availability, and security
- Improvement of functionality, performance and stability of OpenStack core services
- Design, planning and implementation of new services and features
- Active participation in our development team and related events
- Push changes and improvements upstream for related open source projects
- Integration with surrounding systems on top of our service platforms (e.g., billing)
- Reviewing and owning code as well as constantly improving CI/CD procedures
- Working together with Operations and Delivery teams to solve complex issues related to the technical platform or client implementations
- Support the team on bug triage, fix creation and resolution upstream
- Suggest and implement changes related to maintenance, monitoring and daily operations to improve service delivery quality
- Engage in processes and routines related to operational tasks in infrastructure and platforms
- Backup-oncall for certain areas of operations
- Actively work within the processes of the product development structure and related tools (roadmaps and backlog, planning and follow-ups, etc)
- Creating and maintaining documentation of software and platforms
- Improve and implement changes in the development procedures
- Improving knowledge around our services and platforms inside (and outside) of our company
- Be available for certain customer implementations in terms of architecture and cloud strategy
- Engage in customer cases related to the product development work
Personal skills important to succeed in this role
- Solution oriented – Loves solving puzzles and problems that will give the end users value
- Engaged – Actively takes part in the team and company efforts
- Agile – Feels at home in an agile Scrum team
- Structured and analytical – Has a strong preference for working in a structured and planned manner
- Competence – Keeps a genuine interest and knowledge in cloud computing in general, and OpenStack and Kubernetes in particular
- Organized– Excels in structured working environments with flexible methods
- Team player – When you succeed, the team succeeds (and vice versa)!
- Communicative – Wants to shared knowledge and information with the team and the company
Tech experience important to succeed in this role
- Good knowledge and experience in the OpenStack ecosystem
- Strong Linux skills
- Scripting and frameworks (Python, Bash, PHP, Node, Django, Angular)
- Experience in integrations and APIs
- Versioning and CI/CD (Git, Gerrit, Zuul, etc)
- Configuration management tools (especially Puppet)
- Container technologies (Kubernetes, Docker, OpenShift, etc)
- General networking knowledge
Who are we and what do we offer?
Start date: By agreement
Salary: By agreement
Level of employment: Full time, 100 %